On the 25th of June 1926, Mr. Orr, President of the Manchester and Salford Caledonian Club proposed, at a meeting, that a bowling club should be formed to play Flat Green bowls which is played all over the world. The decision was unanimous and the Heaton Hall Bowling Club was formed. Following this meeting, a first full inaugural meeting was held and the officials for the committee were made and the annual fee was set at 2/6d (12 and a half pence)! On the 8th of July 1926, another meeting was held to discuss the name of the club. Mr. Orr proposed Heaton Hall bowling Club and this was carried. Over the years, many international teams were invited to play at Heaton Hall Bowling Club but no record of them actually playing at the club. At the end of the 1930 season, the membership of the club was 53, with only 8 lady members. In early 1934, the apparent first county match was held at Stanley park, Blackpool, with Heaton Hall and Blackpool playing a team from Westmorland and Cumberland. I’m 1935, the first visit from the E.B.A (England Bowling Association) President’s team to Heaton Hall Bowling Club. In April of 1942, an extraordinary meeting was called to consider the future of the Club, it was decided to close Heaton Hall Bowling Club for the duration of the war. At a meeting in 1943, it was decided that Heaton Hall Bowling Club would continue for the year at Bolton. In May 1944, it was decided at the AGM that due to the effects of the war, the club and its members would remain dormant for a time as the Club could reform at Heaton Park. July 1947 saw the reforming of the club at Heaton Park when a new committee was appointed and some fixtures resumed at Blackpool. It was then recommended to encourage ladies to join the club and to start forming a ladies section. This year was to the Club’s 21st birthday and a match was arranged for Lancashire to play the E. B. A at Southport and Heaton Hall Bowling Club took part in this. 1952 saw the start of the Middleton Cup matches, when Lancashire participated with players from Heaton Hall, Blackpool and Southport played at York. For many years after Heaton Hall Bowling Club had many county wins in singles and triples. In 1970, there was discussion held to consider the playing of the “Champion of Champions” within the Lancashire clubs, this was considered it was unable to be practiced in such a small County. In 1971, the ladies of the Heaton Hall, Blackpool and Southport clubs formed a Lancashire Bowling Association and became affiliated to the English Women’s Bowling Association. The first win of the ladies in the county was the pairs. In 1973, it was decided to form a new Club in place of the Deaf Institute Club which had been using the green, this was agreed and it was known as the Middleton & Prestwich Bowling Club. In 1975, the ladies exerted their rights as full members, to attend the future club A. G. M’s. In 1978, a special meeting was called to discuss the consideration of creating a new Constitution of the club. That same year 9 out of 10 County Championships were won by Heaton Hall Bowling Club ( 5 by men’s and 4 by ladies) and also the Men’s Presidents Trophy. 1980 was the most successful season of Heaton Hall, all the L. C. B. A. County Championships were won by Heaton Hall. The men’s winning triples team went on to greater success winning the Northern Counties Championship and on to winning the National Championship at Worthing. The winning triples team brought more successes to Heaton Hall Bowling Club and to England by winning the British Isles Championship at Worthing. 1985 was a good year for the ladies teams, winning all five County Competitions! In 1986, the club celebrated its very important Diamond Jubilee, 60 continuous years of the sport being played. Many more county titles had been won. In 2002, Heaton Hall Bowling Club was in preparation to host the 2002 Commonwealth Games. This brought a great attraction to the club and put the club on the map! Today, Heaton Hall is still a continuous Bowling Club, with two Flat Greens and two Crown Greens. 2023 is the year the Club celebrates its 97th birthday!